Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Cookbook Chronicles

I'm watching some Spanish nighttime drama with a hot soccer player named Santiago Something. He plays for Real Madrid with a Beckam look-a-like and just got tossed out of the game for some crime on the field I couldn't follow.

I'd like to say I'm trying it as a sort of Spanish immersion program, but truthfully it's because I'm lazy and too tired to get up and change the channel.

While the beginning of the season got off to a slow start, the holidays have been busy. (Last night was officially my best night at the Shack, cash wise). Fantastic. I'm finally making money, but damn, my body hurts. (Though a couple nights of tequila abuse during the Christmas festivities haven't helped heal the body either.) So tonight is about bad Spanish TV and getting some rest. Tomorrow begins the Joe Jack's Fish Shack Cookbook "Come-Along-for-the-Ride-While-I-Write-It" Blog.

It's gonna be huge.

Up until now I've been a little casual about getting recipes written and laying down the other sections of the book, and if I'm going to pull this off by the end of April I need to write more and procrastinate less. And so I'm going to add more work to my plate by blogging about writing the book while I do just that.

I figure if I make a commitment on here than I have to follow through. And so, I've got approximately 90 days to write 80 or so more recipes and document what it's really like to work--and eat and be entertained--in Puerto Vallarta's busiest restaurant. (Plus a bunch of other stuff that'll need to be in it too.)

Anyway, tune in tomorrow for the first entry and join me and Joe (but mostly me! ha) as I write his book. I promise to make you hungry. As well as offer up recipes and other pages from the book as I write it.

Test the recipes at home and let me know how they worked out. Tell me what questions you have about buying and cooking fish--or anything else you want to know. Maybe it'll end up in the book.

And yes, if you're wondering, I did just watch Julie & Julia. So maybe I got a little inspired. Sue me. Just read me. Oh, and buy the book when it comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment