Thursday, May 20, 2010

Job: check!


Snapped this pic on my way to Cafe Heaven this morning where myself and a couple of the Eastland boys went for breakfast. I couldn't resist.

Okay, this is going to be short and sweet. I'm officially employed. Woohoo!! Much thanks to Will who put in a great word for me at one of the spots he's working this summer.

Yesterday I met with the manager as well as the owner of The Patio (www.ptownpatio.com), a busy, casual spot right smack-dab in the middle of town on Commercial Street. As you can probably guess it's got a large, street-front patio, decked out with stainless steel tables and white chairs, accented with bright orange and navy umbrellas. It has a modern Cape Cod feel with white-washed walls and floors with soft blue mosaic tiles above the bar.

Roxanna, the manager, called just after 1pm today to offer me a job. Three days in and my list of things to do has one check mark on it. I'm feeling pretty good. That, combine with the gorgeous weather today (sunny and warm) is making for a damn good Thursday.

I'll fill you in on the food once I've had a chance to taste some of it, but of course it's big on seafood. I should know more if just over an hour, when I go in for my first shift. I'll be splitting my time there between tending bar and serving. Tonight is the opening party and I'll be working a satellite bar, serving mostly wine, beer and easy cocktails like Cape Cods (vodka, cran) and Cuba Libras (rum, coke).

Okay, gotta run and get ready for my first shift but before I sign off, acai berry (Absolut Acai) may or may not be an excellent antioxidant. Scientists are still figuring that out but it is a small, black berry produced from the acai palm tree. It's also supposed to help you lose weight (there's the Oprah connection) but the verdict is still out that too. Consuming it in the form of vodka had gotta be good for you. It just has to.

No comments:

Post a Comment